Are you committed to serving your homeland, protecting and defending your fellow citizens? Or just want to experience an adventure off the beaten track? Take your first steps in the army! Positions are to be filled, for all types of profiles, whatever the level of qualification.
Men and women in the service of national defence
- Each armed force is made up of soldiers, civilian personnel and reservists.
- Non-commissioned members
- A non-commissioned member is a soldier trained by the army to serve his country.
He works under a renewable 3 to 5 year contract, and can decide to make a career or join civilian life. A retraining unit supports soldiers in their professional project, whether they choose the private or public sector. Contact with an asvab tutor for the better training for the same.
They perform their duties in 4 major areas on French territory, in mainland France or overseas:
- The technical field: IT, telecommunications, aeronautics, mechanics and mechanical construction, electrical engineering, pyrotechnics, civil engineering, etc.
- The administrative field: finance, law, human resources, public contracts, secretarial work;
- The health sector: nursing assistants, hospital workers, occupational therapists, orthoptists, physiotherapists, nurses, pharmacy assistants in military hospitals;
- The social field: social service assistants and technical social service advisers in regiments, military hospitals, military schools, etc.
The military reserve is made up of volunteer citizens, approved by the military authorities, to strengthen the armed forces. More information on the website of the Ministry of Defense.
Each army regularly carries out recruitment campaigns. The Land, Air and Navy armies recruit 20,000 people on renewable 5-year contracts. The National Gendarmerie recruits throughout the year, with the possibility of internal promotions.
Enlist in the army
The mission is to ensure lasting and permanent control of physical and human environments, primarily from the ground, in complex environments. Among its missions, it must be able to deploy soldiers from a distance to take part in a military engagement.
It focuses its defense strategy around 5 functions:
Protect populations, territory and the country’s vital interests in the event of a threat, and respect international alliances, treaties and agreements.
Win, then maintain a favorable balance of power over time.
Stabilize the theater of operations.
Normalize the situation between the conflicting parties (aid to the population, reconstruction, etc.).
Help the populations and bring them assistance on or outside the national territory.
An employment army, more than 70% contractual, it recruits nearly 15,000 soldiers each year.
The Army HR offer allows all French people aged 17 ½ to 29, without qualification for bac + 5, an evolution thanks to a real “social staircase” based on a single criterion: merit. Thus, 70% of non-commissioned officers began their career as non-commissioned members and 60% of officers came from the non-commissioned officer corps.
Want to discover the army? Try immersion in a regiment!
The military periods (PM) happens to be for young men and women looking to experience the life of a soldier in a unit of the Army (skydiving, mountain or commando) for a period of 10 to 20 days.