Working from home is the new normal for most business organizations, and for this, the entire work is done online. We know carrying online works can be subjected to many difficulties. Hence many cybersecurity methods are employed. If you want to get deal for employee monitoring software, then visit us.
- Providing VPN Access to All the Employees
Providing VPN or Virtual Private Network access to all the employees is one of the most cost-efficient and easiest methods to protect any business organization’s network and data. Deploying a VPN system ensures that the organization’s data travel safely between the company’s core system and all the devices used by the employees. The VPN provides some security features to the company, such as:
- Hiding the IP address.
- The data transferred between the devices with VPN access gets encrypted hence raising the level of security.
VPN also removes any location mark on the data sent between the devices; both the sender and recipient location is deleted. This ensures that there is no chance of location leakage. Most business companies in the present day used VPN, and the usage will double in 2021.
- Multi-factor Authentication must be implemented
Multi-factor or two-factor authentication is one of the most useful and effective measures to eliminate uncertified to access the company’s network. The technical team in any company should provide this facility to all the employees who log in with their details. A multi-factor verification can be a combination of various steps such as:
- Some information that is known only to the user such as secret question, PIN or user ID.
- Security card, token, or key which is physically possessed by the user or any security token that can be sent directly to the mobile that is registered and used by the user.
- If supported by the device, biometric identification can also be used. This can be complicated in a work from the home situation; hence two-step authentication is feasible for this situation.
- Usage of MAC Binding
The IT team of the business organizations controls all the devices that can access the company’s closed or main network. The MAC binding links the MAC address of the LAN and the Wife interface of the employee’s machine with the user’s VPN ID. After the binding is done, then the devices which are allowed in the binding can only send and receive information through the VPN.
These features can be very useful for any business organization, and they will also increase the security of the data. If any problem occurs with these features’ help, the time to solve the problem can get decreased by three hours.